Friday, May 16, 2014

Through the eyes of a child

We learn a lot from our children.  I have learned to pause, pay attention and look around.  I think my lesson started last summer when Colton would show excitement and curiosity -- "What's that?" he would say.  I have since been amused and awestruck by the excitement in his eyes.  A bumblebee.  A tractor.  A leaf.  The moon.  Things I would have have looked past now stand out.

Colton has begun to capture his vision of the world. Our home is full of cameras and we passed my old-old point and shoot on to Colton.  He loves taking pictures.  This hobby started a few weeks ago and has grown.

Our little photographer.  Very focused.


The pictures below are all Colton Michael Smith originals.



Colton's House

 Selfie #1

Colton's family

 Selfie #2

Colton's eyes on the world



This habitual multi-tasker is making an effort to slow down and look up at the sky.  A lesson taught by my two and a half year old.  This said, I still have set backs.  Tonight Colton came into the kitchen while I was checking my blackberry, baking cookies and doing dishes -- he grabbed my hand and said "Mommy, come cuddle with me - watch buzz."  He reached or my hand. Cuddles won.


No comments:

Post a Comment